BA (Hons), Post Grad Dip CG, MSc (Distinction), CIPD, ILM, ABP.
Originally a careers counsellor, Angela is now a versatile learning and development professional, and an accredited coach (ILM). She holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Careers Guidance, and an MSc in Strategic Learning and Development (where she chose to specialise in ‘leadership’ and ‘coaching’). A strengths-based practitioner, Angela is qualified to use a wide range of psychometrics and has worked across many development settings. These include leadership profiling, coaching, business simulation, career transitioning, recruitment, change management, team-building, and performance management. With her extensive cross-sector experience, Angela’s work is grounded in a strong knowledge of contemporary leadership know-how, including the change management agenda and diversity. A skilled communicator and agile facilitator, Angela brings empathy and clarity to every dialogue, presentation and group process. Her report-writing is pithy, and accessible.
Some of the major projects Angela has been involved in:
- Design and delivery of management development programme with Achilles Supply Chain Management.
- Executive coaching at CEO level with Agily3 Ltd.
- Executive coaching and supervision of Director at Trinity Laban School of Music & Dance.
- Executive coaching at Director level for Veolia Environmental Services.
- Strengths-based graduate screening for the Met Police.
- Diversity-confident recruitment with Great Western Railway.
- Leadership profiling for senior leaders at Daikin (South Africa).
- Assessment and development of middle managers for GlaxoSmithKline (US & Far East).
- Design and delivery of performance management training programme for Garbutt & Elliott Accountants.
- Delivery of ILM 3 Coaching & Mentoring Skills for the British Army.
- Design and delivery of ILM 7 Strategic Leadership for Devon County Council.
- Assessment for senior roles for HS2.
- Assessment for senior roles for Highways England.
- Leadership team profiling for the General Pharmaceutical Council.
- ‘Career Development for Women’ workshops for Legal & General.
- Leadership development events, comprising coaching, workshops and psychometrics, for National Farmers Union Mutual.
- MSc Degree in Strategic Training and Development (Distinction). Dissertation on coaching and diversity was winner of the CIPD Management Report of the Year Award.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Careers Guidance. Key subjects: theories of occupational choice, counselling theory and practice, educational psychology, career development.
- Psychodynamic Approaches to Careers Counselling – Birkbeck College, University of London.
- Institute of Leadership and Management Coaching & Mentoring, level 5
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development
- Member of the Institute of Leadership & Management
- Member of Association of Business Psychology
Certificates of Competence in Occupational Testing (Levels A and B). Recently (July 2014) undertaken the BPS’s re-affirmation process, and on the Register of Qualifications in Test Use; reports were described as “being of a very strong standard”. Attained the European Test User Certificate (level 2): Work and Organisational Assessment. An accredited assessor by SHL business psychologists, and licensed to use a range of psychometric tools including WAVE, OPQ 32, Firo-B, Hogan Development Systems, Myers Briggs Type Indicator, Strengthscope, TLQ, NEO P-IR, the Talent Q suite, the Leadership Judgement Indicator, Lumina Spark and the Decision-making & Self-regulation Assessor (DASA).
The following are some of the organisations that Angela has worked with:
|Achilles Supply Chain Management
Action for Children
Berwin Leighton Paisner
Big Life Schools & Nurseries
Care Quality Commission
City College Brighton & Hove
Daikin South Africa
Devon County Council
Garbutt & Elliott
|General Dental Council
Guildhall School of Music & Drama
Guy’s & St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust
John Lewis Partnership
Leonard Cheshire Disability
Marks & Spencer Plc
National Farmers Union Mutual
Northern Ireland Civil Service
Westminster City Council
Security Industry Authority
Teignbridge Learning Partnership
Trinity Laban School of Music & Dance
University of Salford
Veolia Environmental Services
West Devon & South Hams District Council
West Sussex County Council