BA, MSc Cognitive Psychology, Barrister-at-Law, MAC
Susan is an executive coach with over 20 years of experience in leadership development and high-performance coaching. She has worked with executives and managers from many industries in the capacity of executive coach, consultant, and development advisor. She received her Master’s Degree in Cognitive Psychology from the University of Manchester and a Barrister-at-Law Degree from The Honorable Society of Kings Inns in Dublin, and she has completed her professional coaching certification with The School of Coaching and University of Strathclyde, Glasgow. For more than 20 years, Susan has worked side by side with leaders from a broad range of industries as they confront challenging business problems. She helps individuals and teams achieve clarity about issues and opportunities that impact their effectiveness in the leadership role. In addition to executive coaching, Susan designs and delivers complementary leadership and development workshops. Susan has worked with executives and managers from many industries, from high tech to not-for-profit, food, financial and manufacturing in large corporate and SME sectors. She works in Ireland and overseas and has worked on projects in USA, Australia, Russia, France, and the U.K.
In addition to her corporate clients she lectures at 3rd level in School of Business and School of Computing. She has an Advanced Diploma in Stress Management Counselling and was a Founder / Director of the Stress Management Institute of Ireland. She is certified to use many psychometric assessment instruments, is an MBTI Facilitator and a Certified EQi-Coach.
Some of the projects Susan has been involved with have included:
- Design and Implementation of Senior Leadership Development Programme with Mercator (now Accelya), leading provider of technology products and services to the travel and transport industry
- Design and implementation of Future Leaders Programme with a number of B2B service provider and software solutions organisations
- Deliver 1-1 coaching to senior level leaders challenging communication styles, interpersonal effectiveness, strategic thinking, impact and influence.
- Team coaching with management team preparing a business for sale.
- Design and delivery of outplacement programmes and individual outplacement with a number of organisations in manufacturing and B2B.
- Participated in development centre assessments for Bord na Mona, PTSB, Government Department, BG Exploration
- Design and deliver 360 feedback to Senior Executives
- Barrister-at-Law Degree, Kings Inns
- Master’s Degree in Cognitive Psychology (University of Manchester)
- BA Degree Psychology and Sociology (Double Honours UCC)
- EQi 2.0 Certified Coach
- Certificate in Executive Coaching – University of Strathclyde
- Registered Psychometric Test User (BPS Member) level A & B (RQTU)
- Member of the Association for Coaching
- Certified Myers Briggs, Talent Q, Forte
- Advanced Certificate in Stress Management (SMI)
- Certificate in Selection & Interviewing
The following are some of the organisations that Susan has worked with:
- Aer Lingus
- Bord na Mona
- Brown Bag Films
- Bank of Ireland
- BG Exploration
- Power NI